It was like a distant dream when Dad invited me to join him on his
return trip to Normandy for the 70th Anniversary of D-Day. His dear
wife, Virginia, reminded him that he needed to make plans to keep his
promise that he made in France in 2009; he espoused to several other
veterans that he would return for the 70th Anniversary of D-Day. Upon
her suggestion that he invite his daughters, he did just that! Linda,
Cheryl, and I were delighted at his invite, and anticipated the adventure since
the summer of 2013. We made plans regarding our work and family,
however, Cheryl's circumstances were not favorable for her to leave at
that time. So, Dad, Linda, and I planned for departure June 2. Dad
signed us up to join Historic Tours for a scenic, D-Day, Normandy tour
from June 2 through June 9. He met with another travel agent to plan
another 3 days in Brittany in order to spend a day at Lezardrieux to
re-visit the port city where he had been among the first servicemen to
arrive just days after the Germans were forced out by Patton's Army. I
worked especially hard to complete my school year's work and get packed
to go a week before the school year was complete. But, we were off to
go, as planned, Monday morning! I knew God's grace was abundant and that
He had good things in store for this trip. It was to be more than just
a fun trip. The meaning would be very significant.
No comments:
Post a Comment